Sunday, August 2, 2015

Rescue Beauty Lounge Morning Light





So July wasn't a great month for me. Highlights include 4 weeks of such intense heat and humidity that my bed sheets have not been properly dry since June, stress eating, staying up till 5 a.m. watching X-Files and  actually yelling at the screen when Mulder, Scully, or Skinner enter dark room and refuse to turn on the lights, depression and anxiety running rampant, and worst of all, a cancer scare with one of my dogs. Luckily she is cancer-free and very healthy, but the waiting period between the biopsy and the good news was the the worst week of my life. Constant. State. Of. Terror. 

But it does put a lot of things into perspective. Between having a bad day, gross eating habits, and sheets perpetually damp from sweat and the disgusting atmosphere, and having to come to terms with the fact that a beloved pet has cancer, I will choose the former any day of the week. 

So I'm going to take a break from all the black and dark colors I've been wearing (the bubbling doesn't show up as much...plus, I'm re-acquainting myself with how awesome black polish is) to showcase a polish from the RBL Bloggers Collection 3.0. I own quite a few RBL's, but for whatever reason, don't blog about them much. They are sort of the pretty jewels of my collection. I take them out and stroke them, and admire them, but don't want to sully them by putting them on my nubs. 

Morning Light is a pale, powdery, periwinkle blue with lots of golden-green shimmer. It's really soft and ethereal and makes me think of nice, calm things. Like maybe life won't be a horrible shit show always. 

This was 2 perfect coats, no top coat (because weather). I'll see if I can put up a couple more posts before September, but I make no promises. Here's to the end of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment