Sunday, November 8, 2015

Rescue Beauty Lounge Recycle





I've always been vocal about green and I not getting along, but if there's one green that wins me over 100% of the time, it is emerald. And since I heard that RBL will be closing its doors at the end of the month, I thought I'd pull out Recycle and see how it looks. I'm happy to say that I cannot get enough of this color. It's a rich, blackened (but never mistaken for black) emerald green that hits all the right notes: it compliments my skin tone, it's deep and brooding, and the depth of color is fantastic. 

RBL really knows how to do dark, moody colors, so it's a shame that Ji has decided to shut down. They were very pricey polishes, but very high quality, and the attention to detail, along with the creative thought that went into the colors and descriptions made them extra special. They are among my favorite polishes in my hoard. And since my switch to Nail Envy, they are the about the longest-wearing on me, barring textures.

Everything except the most recent Fan Collection is 50% off right now, and I may or may not have ordered quite a few farewell bottles. 

I added butter LONDON's Bit Faker for a little sparkle, hopefully it doesn't come off as holiday. I'm really excited for winter and holiday-mode to kick in, but I'm trying to restrain myself until at least Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Well, hot damn. After being underwhelmed with RBL for the past two years, you just made me remember why I used to love that brand. I'll save my thoughts for my own blog, but the long and short of it is this: the old cremes and shimmers were soooooo good!

    Also with you on the holiday polish restraint. Sweet grilled cheesus, I have a whole Helmer drawer of holiday polishes and stopping myself from busting it out early is WAY TOO HARD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they really were, the Fire Bird collection in particular. I have a love bordering on worship for Piu Mosso! And yes, I don't think I'll even make it to Thanksgiving at this point, I just have too many Christmas polishes to get through. The kids I tutor today actually noticed my nails and asked me if I did it on purpose...kindasortaYES. Holidayyyyy!

      Delete