Sunday, June 16, 2013

HARE Polish Return to Nature


While I’m not feeling anywhere close to better, I had an urge to do my nails last night. My HARE polishes have been shut up in my closet since they came, so I guess I’ll start with (in my opinion) one of the prettiest ones.

Since I’m ill-equipped to describe anything more complicated than a shimmer, I’ll use the description from the HARE website:

Return to Nature is a beige/khaki crelly (creme-jelly) with a mixture of small gold and silver glitters, plus a dusting of small white squares. This shade also features gold shimmer.”

As I’ve said before, not many handmade nail polishes catch my eye, but HARE’s seem to be the exception. They are well-made, beautifully inspired, and seem to have that extra oomph that I feel a lot of indie brands lack. They’re really top-quality, and the formula is truly amazing for a glittery jelly.

I layered one coat of Return to Nature over two coats of China Glaze Nude-the only nudey-dudey polish that I really like on myself. It’s incredibly close to my skin tone. Return to Nature dried quite quickly, but a bit satin-y, so top coat is needed.

And because my best friend loves fuchsia so very much, I gave her Party Palace, so there won’t be a swatch of that. She did a little dance of glee when I gave her the bottle. :)

So yes…a step towards normality. I’m just taking it a day at a time right now, and constantly reminding myself that I will be well again. I’m very lucky to have such a good support system-a family, a loving boyfriend and best friend, good doctors…I know I’m in good hands right now. Mental illness is an incredibly tricky thing to deal with, but I won’t let it ruin my life.

One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment