Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ruby Kisses #RNP 50


There are two things that don’t do this polish justice. First, that I don’t know its name. The only identifying label I could find on it was #RNP 50, and Google yielded nothing. Second, I was unable to capture the pretty goldy-green shimmer in it, so the pictures make it look a bit flat.

I received this as an extra in a care package from a very kind girl on Makeup Alley. It’s definitely an old polish, with that good ole ‘90’s formula and a stench of death. But’s it’s so lovely and flattering.

As best as I can make out, it walks the line between a pearly off-white and a pearly pale grey. In certain lights it can look more like one or the other, and all the while boasts gorgeous gold/green shimmer. It’s a very unobtrusive nail polish, probably boring by today’s standards, but I can’t get enough of it.

It does, however, come with its own set of problems. In addition to the overly-chemical smell (yeah, yeah I know, it’s nail polish), it takes FOREVER to dry. That’s to be expected with these old nail polishes. The trade off for that smooth creamy formula is an incredibly long dry time. I polished last night, took the pictures around two in the afternoon next day, and if I’m careless, the polish will dent. And I don’t have any high-speed top coat to help it dry. Ah well.

Now I’m off to turn the house upside down for my SPF 10000000000. It’s so hot and bright and horrible today.

No comments:

Post a Comment