Saturday, January 24, 2015

Nicole by O.P.I. Yoga-Then-Yogurt





While it would have been nice to keep Sansa on longer (at least in terms of my remover, which is running dangerously low), I've felt a sudden need to wear cleaner colors. Whites, pale pinks, taupes, greys...that's all I'm drawn to right now. It's almost like anything louder makes me feel...I dunno, seasick?

I love whites, but I really don't wear them often. I was very guilty of the whole 'white-out-as-nail-polish' in school, so I have vivid memories of my huge red sausage fingers sporting messy, streaky globs of white out because it was so gauche to buy white polish. Ugh, I'm shuddering just thinking about it. 

As a result, I'm very much against chalky, bright whites, and even white-based colors. It's very rare for me to buy a white-based pastel-I have some, but rarely, if ever, wear them. I like those sort of bone, off-white colors that have a hint of translucency to them. Funny Bunny is probably my favorite white, but I just didn't feel like doing the 3-4 coats it takes to get it the right shade of opaque for me, so I bought Yoga-Then-Yogurt during a drug store run. I remembered Rachel from stuff raving about it, and she's never steered me wrong. 

Yoga-Then-Yogurt is the first 'bright' white I've come across that hasn't been chalky, whee! I don't think of white-out when I look at it...just a nice, clean white. And it really does remind you of greek yogurt (yohgurt?). The polish separates (like many of its kind) and the suspension is yellow-ish and sort of looks like that weird juice you get on top of yogurt before you stir it. 

Needless to say, I love it. I love the way white nails look, and now that I've finally got a white that doesn't remind me of my horribly awkward school days, I don't feel so self-conscious of wearing it. Even my red sausage fingers don't bother me as much. Yay for adulthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment