Friday, April 11, 2014

China Glaze Teal the Tide Turns





You're either going to love or hate this polish. Every review I read on them was either die-hard love, or eternal hate. Guess which one I am.

As an ardent texture fan, I must express my humble opinion and say that this is the most beautiful and interesting take on a texture. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this polish. It's so beautiful and pebbly and reminds me of beautiful rocks, the beach, and sea glass. It makes me want to lie on a towel in warm sand and take a long nap.

Teal the Tide Turns has a lot going on inside the bottle. The base is a creamy, bright celadon green. It's got a hint of translucency that is just so delicate and whimsical. Interspersed are small emerald green hex glitters that twinkle and catch the light. Finally, there are white particles that look very much like sand! Fantastic! They (I assume) produce the texture effect. Have I mentioned I'm in love???

All together, this manicure shouts, "BEACHES! MERMAIDS! LAGOONS!" to me. It makes me want to spritz myself with L de Lolita Lempicka (my favorite summer scent), and go frolic in the waves.

Formula was pretty good, considering everything that's going on in it. I used three coats, but I think I'll do two when I wear it again next. Three made everything a little lumpier than I would have liked. It dries sort of creamy/glassy, which is just breathtaking (to me).

So yeah. HOME RUN, CHINA GLAZE!!! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment