Friday, August 15, 2014

O.P.I. Absolutely Alice





Absolutely Alice is a polish I never thought I'd own. Really. I'd Google it every so often and stare jealously and hate myself for not buying it when I had the chance. The cheapest I could find it online was around $30. There was no way I'd ever pay that without physically crying, so I held off and pined. 

It was sheer dumb luck that I stumbled upon an unopened bottle on a blog sale. I'd never bought from a blog sale before because I've always been a little intimidated by them, but in less than a minute I'd emailed the owner of the blog and hoped to God it wasn't already spoken for. Needless to say, I squealed (actually squealed) when she emailed back and said it wasn't. And that's not the best part...I paid all of $16 for it. I was so stinkin' pleased with myself. 

If you don't own this polish, I am so sorry. I really am. Here I am smooshing it in your face. But things like this don't happen to me very often. It is available on eBay and Amazon, but for a horrendous price. Or maybe not; I mean, Louboutin is making a polish that is $50...and that's just for a red creme. So I guess it depends on what your definition of horrendous is. 

If you do own this polish, you'll know what I mean when I say pictures do not do it justice one bit. No matter how good the camera is, or the photographer, I've never seen a picture that's been able to capture the subtle nuances of this polish. It's way more than just a blue glitter with gold interspersed throughout. It's freaking poetry. 

Two coats was more than enough to fully cover my nails, and clean up was fairly minimal (I don't know why but my hand is steadier with glitters than any other finish). It inhales top coat though. In order for me to get a somewhat glassy finish, I had to apply around 4 coats of top coat. I don't mind though, it makes removal easier: when I'm ready I just peel it off. Not great for my nails, but it beats scrubbing for hours. 

Please don't hate me for posting this, it was too pretty not to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment