Friday, September 5, 2014

China Glaze Release





Oh my god guys, it's SEPTEMBER. The exciting precursor to that magical month of pumpkin spice everything, sweater weather, and extricating my fall/winter polishes from the overstuffed shoe boxes I have stacked in my closet. I may be stranded in Southern California, but you can bet I've got my boots and scarves on standby. One day I'll be living in the October Country with Ray Bradbury though; one glorious day. 

So let's start off this month with a color from China Glaze's Giver collection. I ended up buying 3 polishes from it, and am considering going back to Sally's for a fourth. The English teacher I had in the sixth grade assigned The Giver as required reading, and I ended up loving it so much that it launched my love of dystopian society novels. I'm SUPER eager to see the movie at some point this month, not only because I love the story, but I may or may not have a huge crush on Jeff Bridges. 

Anyway, here's Release. It's a lovely greyed-out taupe-y lavender, with a literally perfect formula. I used two coats. I'm normally a 3-coater by habit, but I just didn't need a third on this one.I added some little gold studs for some sparkle. 

I didn't notice this until now, but my thumbs look HUGE in these pictures...I promise I don't look like The Hitcher in real life. 0_0

No comments:

Post a Comment