Saturday, November 1, 2014

Halloween 2014: No Nails, Just Vincent.

I hope everyone had a great Halloween. Mine, sadly, was quiet and uneventful. I ate too much pizza and candy corn, and my Malamute got me up at regular intervals from midnight to 4 a.m. pretending he had to pee, but really just wanted to go outside and romp in the rain. Can't say I really blame him though...when it started raining last night I ran out into it and just sort of savored it. All the weather reporters here say it's going to be a dry winter, but...naaaaah. El Nino is coming.

I did carve a pumpkin this year, a tradition I try to keep up no matter what my Halloween plans are. I don't know if this is just me but that burnt-pumpkin smell you get from jack-o-lanterns is one of the most exciting smells I know...it's up there with snow-covered pine trees, Old Spice deodorant, and pure vanilla extract. I get all tingly when I smell it.

This year, my pumpkin featured Vincent Price. Oh Vincent...


Definitely the most intricate carving I've done, it took me close to four hours to complete.

Then this little monkey got scared when it started to rain and climbed into bed with me (but not after barking at the open window to see if that would make the rain go away)...


So I guess now that Halloween's over, it's officially the Holiday season, right? Isn't that how it works?

No comments:

Post a Comment