Friday, August 16, 2013

Essie Bahama Mama (and something really beautiful!)


For whatever reason, berries and red-purples seem to be calling my name lately. I don’t own a lot because I don’t often reach for them, but I predict that this fall and winter I’ll be wearing them quite a bit.

Bahama Mama is a berry-ish, wine purple-red. I’m never good with describing colors like these :/. It reminds me a bit of M.A.C. Dark Angel, but I’m not sure how close they are in terms of color. I’ll have to do a side by side to compare.

The formula was your standard creme/jelly hybrid, nice and smooth, but a bit streaky on the first coat. I was a little overzealous in my painting and got some bubbles, but that wasn’t the fault of the polish. Just my impatience.

This was 3 coats with Grand Central Station. And I’d like to introduce you to the newest member of my jewelry family-a gorgeous little silver and gold flower from Scape. They’re based in Edinburgh, and even though I’m not a huge fan of silver, this little ring stole my heart. I can’t tell you how much I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment