Thursday, August 1, 2013

O.P.I. Mrs. O’Leary’s BBQ


Guys, I’m so sick of summer. So, so sick of it. I’m tired of the sunshine and the heat, and I’m tired of neon colors and wearing flip flops. I used to be stupid and make all sorts of grand summer plans that always came to nothing. No more futile attempts to coordinate a trip to a museum, no more wasted paper making lists of summer goals like taking a mini road trip or learning a language. I hide in my room until it cools off enough for me to actually wear real clothes again.

So to protest this awful summer thing, I’m cracking out a fall polish that I just couldn’t wait to put on.

Mrs. O’Leary’s BBQ, while perhaps not aptly named (that kind of naming really takes a set, O.P.I. I almost want to commend you), is a gorgeous, purple-brown, barbecue sauce burgundy color. The formula is buttery smooth and easy to apply, it’s shiny without top coat, and good lord is it sophisticated and vampy. It puts me in mind of chunky fall sweaters, orange and yellow leaves, and cozy autumn evenings with hot cider.

While it loses some of its purple qualities indoors, it still maintains a lovely dark red-brown color. When in the sun, the purple really comes out to play. I think maybe on deeper skin tones, the purple comes out more.


This was three easy coats with NYC top coat.

Hurry up, autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment