Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sephora by O.P.I. Read My Palm


Sorry for the mini-break. It was a combination of camera problems and not really having the heart to polish. I’d been growing my nails out and they got quite long, so of course I had another break. No matter what I do my nails just seem to stay weak and peel-y. Ah well. At least they grow fast.

Read My Palm is a polish I picked up when I found out Sephora was discontinuing their O.P.I. line. I ordered about nine colors I’d had on my wishlist and while some turned out to be duds and will never, ever be shown here (IM Beauty and my skin tone had an all-out war), quite a few look lovely.

In the pictures, Read My Palm looks quite similar to Ciate’s Apples and Custard, but I don’t think they’re quite dupes. Apples and Custard is much more opaque, and it’s slightly dustier. But if you can’t get your hands on it, I’d say Read My Palm is an acceptable substitute.

This was 3 coats with Grand Central Station. The formula was smooth, thin, and buttery, and was a joy to apply. Every S.O.P.I. I own has that same smooth formula, it’s too bad they’re being discontinued. I believe they’re still on the Sephora website for $4.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment