Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Illamasqua Raindrops





Do you see the magic I have on my fingers? This, my fellow nail polish nuts, is something I’ve been wanting a very, very long time. When it first came out I wasn’t impressed. I rarely am with new nail colors, which is why I’ve learned the hard way NEVER to trust my first impressions (people are a different story, however).

So by the time I realized what a beauty it was, it became discontinued. And I wasn’t about to pay eBay prices. So I pined and grieved, and eventually moved on.

Fast forward to the end of last year when Illamasqua announced they were bringing it back, and I was happier than a witch in a broom factory (yeah, I said it). So why did I wait until July to buy it?

I yo-yo-ed about whether or not I really needed it. I ALWAYS do this. It took me well over a year to decide to buy DL’s Boom Boom Pow. I must be making progress though, since it only took five months for me to bite the bullet this time.

Raindrops is the most gorgeous soft grey jelly, with silvery flakes. It is definitely grey, but there are certain lights where just a hint of grey-blue can be seen. The flakes give it an ethereal quality that really does remind me of rain drops flecked against a window. It’s very feminine and sophisticated.

This was three coats with NYC top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment