Monday, July 8, 2013

Essie Rock the Boat


Woke up with a killer migraine today, so this’ll be quick. Rock the Boat is from an Essie 2013 summer collection (I’m honestly losing track, there are so many), and was the only one in the collection that really piqued my interest. The formula left a lot to be desired, but we’ll get to that later.

Rock the Boat is a cornflower/periwinkle blue with what seems to me to be predominantly silver glitter flecks, although there are flashes of multi-colored glitter flecks. I say glitter flecks because I really have no other name for them. I wouldn’t call it shimmer or glass-fleck, but it certainly isn’t your regular glitter-they’re incredibly small, but gritty and irregularly shaped at the same time.

In terms of formula, Rock the Boat fought me every step of the way. It just didn’t want to play nicely. It was goopy, runny, patchy, thick, bubbly, and it took about four coats to even everything out. I have another Essie, To Buy or Not to Buy, with similar glittery bits that is the same; streaky and uncooperative.

Still, it’s gorgeous, so I put up with it. Isn’t that always the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment