Thursday, September 26, 2013

butter LONDON Bumster


First of all, I apologize for the staining on my fingers from Screening Room. While it does not stain the nail at all, it reallyyyyyyyyyyyy likes to stick to skin. I mean, I almost want to commend that damn nail polish. I did everything short of clipping the skin off to get rid of it. But since I’m not willing to go that far it’ll just have to offset the yellow in Bumster.

I know Bumster has a reputation for looking like baby poop, but when I asked my grandmother (who dealt with five rounds of diaper duty, plus a couple of honorable mentions for grand children) if it was a similar color, she laughed and said, “Oh heck no!”…so I’m going to describe it as a sophisticated autumnal goldenrod.

It’s one of those ugly-pretty colors that became big around 2009, when every hipster wanted an over sized cardigan in the color. It’s not especially flattering on me (at least I don’t think it is) but every time I see it in the bottle I get excited. Will I ever learn? Probably not. Do I care? Nope.

A bit streaky on the first coat, but subsequent coats evened it out. It has a pretty thin consistency, so it wasn’t especially forgiving to my various nail imperfections.

This was the usual 3 coats with Grand Central Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment