Friday, September 6, 2013

Essie Armed and Ready





This is the first manicure I’ve done in about three weeks that hasn’t either bubbled up like pizza crust or just melted off my fingers. It has been so flippin’ hot…Satan’s ass crack could not be hotter than it has been for the last three weeks.

Thankfully we seem to have hit a *sort of* lull in the life-sucking weather. It’s still as hot as ever, but there’s a bit of a breeze. So I snagged the opportunity to put on a polish I’ve wanted to wear for a very long time.

Armed and Ready is recent one (I want to say last year?) and I liked it because I thought it looked like Rescue Beauty Lounge Piu Mosso’s charcoal sister. It’s got a dark, pigmented base with the same coppery-gold shimmer that is shy, but not invisible. I’ve heard people call the base swampy green, but I firmly believe it’s a deep, warm charcoal. The copper and gold shimmer gives it a greenish cast, however.

I could have gotten away with one coat, it’s that pigmented, but I thought two would bring out the richness of the shimmer more. It was a bit thick and runny, and I got a tiny bit of pooling on one nail, but otherwise it was a joy to apply. Rich, pigmented, and went exactly where I put it.

Hurrah for the first manicure of “autumn”!

No comments:

Post a Comment