Saturday, May 4, 2013

Nicole by O.P.I. Selena


I went to the drugstore yesterday to pick up that Grand Central Station top coat, but they were out, so I picked out a couple of polishes instead; this one and Essie In the Cab-ana.

I know nothing about Selena Gomez, nor do I care to (pop culture curmudgeon here), but this color is great. It’s something that would have been out of my comfort zone a couple years ago, but I’m really starting to fall in love with now.

I can’t really put my finger on exactly what shade this is: it’s definitely pink, but there’s peach in there as well, which is probably why I like it so much-it’s pink, but with coral-ish qualities. The pictures have washed it out a bit-it’s a little brighter that shown, and there are some multi-colored, near-invisible sparkles lurking in there as well. Based on swatches I’ve seen, it looks reminiscent of butter London’s Trout Pout.

I don’t know if it was my ridges or the polish, but this was streaky. What you’re looking at is 4 1/2 to 5 coats of polish. And you really can tell if you look down by my cuticles-it looks thick and uneven (also the fault of my wretched old top coat). I may have to break out my ridge-filling base coat next time I wear Selena, which I hate to use because my polish chips so much faster when I use it.

Despite the formula, I love this polish so much. The color will be great for spring and summer, and I’m strongly considering wearing it to my graduation ceremony (which is a week from today! Eek!).

Wait…I lied. I do know something about Selena Gomez. She’s in Spring Breakers, which is directed by the same guy who did Trash Humpers.

Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment