Thursday, May 9, 2013

O.P.I. Sparrow Me the Drama


I haven’t been polishing my nails much, what with finals and a crappy top coat, but to celebrate my last final and the fact that I FINALLY found Grand Central Station, here’s a manicure. Not a very good one, but one nonetheless.

I was of two minds when picking this polish out-I wanted something bright and obnoxious, but at the same time, I wanted to wear a sheer jelly because I finally got around to buffing the ridges and stains out of my nails and really wanted to show that off.

This was the compromise.

It’s one of those ‘is it pink? is it purple?’ shades that I was really into a couple years ago. I’ve cooled on them somewhat, but I still like this. It sort of a rosy lilac or a pinked-out lavender. I’m not really sure. But it’s very girly, very soft, but at the same time colorful and bright.

This was the standard 3 coats with Grand Central Station (which is great, by the way). It doesn’t dry as fast as the fast-dry top coats I’m used to (hence the ding on my pinky), but it’s thin, smooth, shiny, and NO BUBBLES!

I’m still having trouble with a color for my graduation (which is this Saturday). My dress is black, with a cognac-colored belt and shoes. This means (in my head anyway) that there are only 3 colors that would look acceptable: coral, grey-green, or really light, watery blue. I’m leaning towards the blue, but I do have Maximillian Strasse Her and a dynamite Chanel coral that I’ve yet to show on this blog.

Help.

No comments:

Post a Comment