Wednesday, January 29, 2014

butter LONDON Saucy Jack





It's been a while since I've worn a good, old-fashioned red creme. So long, in fact, that I've forgotten how to photograph them. These pictures are pretty awful, and the third one is the only really color-accurate one (in sunlight, anyway. Like all deep reds, it's a bit of a chameleon). Still, I feel like a fox. 

I hadn't planned on buying anything from butter LONDON's Last Orders sale, but for $7.50 a pop? Not too bad. I picked up five and Saucy Jack was one of them. Not a unique color in the slightest, but damn if I don't feel like a million bucks in this polish. There's just something about dark red, right?

Formula was excellent. It has a similar creme-jelly formula to Jaffa, but without the blood, sweat, and tears. Three coats and I was good to go. Under sunlight it brightens up, but the rest of the time it stays dark and demure. 

Now that I've got this on, I almost don't want to go back to my texture binge. 

Almost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment