Friday, January 31, 2014

L'Oreal Diamond in the Rough





I mentioned before that O.P.I. Baby Please Come Home is my very favorite texture polish. It was my favorite selection from the Mariah Carey Holiday collection. I would even go so far as to say it is my favorite polish of 2013. During the month or so that I was absent from all this, I wore it almost exclusively. I'll feature it at some point...I was thinking it'd make a nice Valentine's manicure. We'll see. 

Anyway, I was at CVS picking up a slew of prescriptions and decided to peruse while I was waiting for them. I spied the the L'Oreal display and it was actually full (as opposed to picked over like it was at Rite Aid). I had been wanting The Statement Piece (and am now eyeing The Reign of Studs) and next to it I saw Diamond in the Rough. I was irresistibly drawn to it, and though I normally wouldn't have left the store with two L'Oreals (almost 7 bucks a pop, ouch) I just couldn't help myself. What the hell was it about this color? I kept examining it at red lights on the way home and only when I got home and set it next to my O.P.I. (it's got a place of pride on my bedside table) that I realized.

Total dupes. 

Do I mind though? Hell no. Because this color is so gorgeous, so delicate and stylish that I just can't get over it. Is it lavender? Is it silver? Is it grey? It's all three and I'm over the moon about it. It reminds me of my youngest aunt who is an artist/clothing designer. She is tall and willowy and just so incredibly chic without even trying. She can be clad entirely in sweatshirt material and look completely elegant. And that's what this color is. Comfy, elegant sweatshirt material that is toned down and glittery at the same time. 

This was two amazing, glitter-packed coats over my new Barielle base coat, which seems to be doing its job. This polish looks gorgeous under any light and I never, ever want to take it off. 

2 comments:

  1. That is too funny that you bought dupes! I've been there. This is lovely, I might have to check it out in person. The L'Oreal pricetag kinda scares me too, for drugstore, so never tried any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I felt so silly. But hey, it's a color I adore, so I'm not too put out. :D And yeah, I would not pay L'Oreal prices for one of their cremes, because it's frankly outrageous, but the textures I bought were really high quality.

      Delete