Sunday, January 19, 2014

L'Oreal Sexy in Sequins





Sorry for the short nails; I'm pretty rough on my hands nowadays, and breaks are almost daily occurrence for me. I've doubled my dose of biotin and I moisturize whenever I get a chance, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference yet. 

I wasn't sure about this polish when I saw photos of it online. It just didn't look very special to me. But perusing Rite Aid last week I happened upon it. In the bottle it looked drop-dead gorgeous-a deep, rich base with golden-green shimmer and what looked like very sparse fuchsia shimmer, and sequin glitters. Hubba hubba. I was positive the pretty shimmer wouldn't translate onto the nail, but what the hell, I had a coupon so it only cost me around two bucks. 

The good news is the shimmer does translate onto the nail. Beautifully. The bad news is it is impossible to capture accurately the complexity of this polish. And though it is quite lovely, I doubt I'd reach for it again. At least not for a while, anyway. But I am going to re-wear it once my nails have grown back out to a comfortable length-I'm never wild about any polish when I have super short nails.

Well, off to get some sleep (I'm late posting this, today was packed); I've got a pineapple upside-down cake to make tomorrow for my boyfriend's birthday. Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment