Thursday, May 22, 2014

O.P.I. I Sing in Color





I hadn't expected to pick up any of the Gwen Stefani polishes except Love.Angel.Music.Baby., but Sally's was having a sale and how does one say no to $4 O.P.I.'s? I dropped in after a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and ended up buying L.A.M.B., I Sing in Color, and Hey Baby. If I'm being totally honest, I really, REALLY wanted to find Over and Over A-Gwen; when it came out I wasn't willing to pay $15 for an O.P.I. creme and some stencils I'll probably never use. If I can find it cheaper somewhere else, I'll definitely pounce, but I just don't understand why that one had to be sold with stencils and stuff. Why not just sell them separately? Or in a box with minis? Ugh. I don't know. I'm annoyed by everything today. 

I Sing in Color is a pretty standard vamp. It looks very deep brown or black most of the time, but it's really a deep burgundy red. Pretty, but not anything special. It doesn't outstrip my two favorite O.P.I. vamps (Give Me Moor! & Black Cherry Chutney), but it's always nice to have a stash of vamps. What I didn't expect was the streaking! The first coat of I Sing in Color is just an absolute brat-uncooperative, streaky, patchy, and dragging issues. The second coat covered most of it up, but I could have done with a third coat-not sure why I decided against it. 

This is just begging for some gold. 

2 comments:

  1. I really want Over & Over A-Gwen, too. I don't understand why it wasn't sold without all the excess crap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno, but it was all soooo unnecessary. I looooove me a good red, and I guess O.P.I. figures a lot of nail polish enthusiasts do as well. So add some shiny stuff, throw it in a package with a fancy label and tack on six extra bucks. Grrrrr!!!

      Delete