Thursday, May 29, 2014

O.P.I. Mermaid's Tears





Oh Mermaid's Tears. I had such high hopes for you.

This polish is either a case of my color blindness getting in the way of the true color, or just a case of pictures being prettier than reality. I missed out on the Pirates of the Caribbean collection (unfortunately it came out during the Year of Vamps for me) and by the time I decided I wanted a few of the colors, the only place I could get them was online. I was willing to risk it because the swatches I saw were gorgeous. 

When I first put this on, I was convinced I was shipped the wrong color. Or a knock-off O.P.I. In real life, it seems more...yellow-toned? Overly green? Dusty? I dunno, it's pretty, but not sea-foam as I've seen it described. So I'm not sure if it's my eyes, or the pictures. I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S REAL ANYMORE!

Anyway, this was 3 quick coats, no problems with the formula. 

No comments:

Post a Comment