Friday, April 12, 2013

CND Copper Shimmer & Orly Bon Bon


Oh Bon Bon. My beautiful problem child. It’s the one polish in my stash I long to wear all the time, but can’t because it throws such horrific tantrums.

It’s a lovely greyed-out lavender jelly with just a drop of slate blue. It’s understated, edgy, AND a jelly…it’s my polish soul mate. But the bubbles. Oh the bubbles. I’m not sure if I got a bad bottle, but no matter what temperature it happens to be when I apply it, I get terrible bubbling. Like the type of bubbles sand crabs leave at the beach. The formula is thick, though not unmanageable, but also a bit…fluffy. I’m hoping if I thin it out (more than I already have), it’ll behave itself.

So what do I do when the urge to wear this becomes overwhelming? I slap CND Copper Shimmer over it. This stuff is GOLD (but not really). I LOVE CND’s effects polishes, and have quite a few on my wish list. Copper Shimmer is just amazing…it transforms any manicure into awesome. And the beautiful pinky-copper sheen it gives Bon Bon is pure magic. MAGIC I SAY!

This was 2 1/2 coats of Bon Bon and one of Copper Shimmer. Dry time was terrible, thanks to Bon Bon, and I definitely experienced sheet marks, mostly on the left hand, which I will omit for perfectionist reasons. I’ll try this again once I thin out my Orly and I’ll see if I can’t make it even more magical and princess-y (perhaps a Boom Boom Pow accent nail? My brain might explode).

No comments:

Post a Comment