Sunday, April 7, 2013

China Glaze Glistening Snow


I wanted to wait until my nails grew out a bit before doing another manicure, and while I was waiting I had a horrible, horrible week (and no, it was not because I couldn’t wear nail polish). Suffice to say life could be a lot worse…but it could be a lot better too. So I decided that I needed glitter in my life. Lots of it. Glitter has this way of cheering me up, despite it being a pain in the ass to remove. I don’t wear full-coverage glitters very often, but when I do, I really enjoy them.

This polish was released last winter, but it certainly can be worn year-round. Glistening Snow is a GORGEOUS, and surprisingly tame glitter-fine, pure silver glitter with holographic glitters interspersed in it. Inside it takes on a really soft grey-ish hue and the rainbow particles glitter when the light hits them, but once its in the sun it becomes a disco ball of sparkles. But the cool thing about it is that it’s a tame disco ball. I can’t think of another term to describe it! It’s not over-the-top blingy, but almost chic and grown up. Probably the most fun polish I’ve put on all year.

This was 2 1/2 to 3 coats. Dry time was reasonable, and two coats of top coat-one of Out the Door and one of an old Sally Hansen that I had lying around and want to get rid of. I really need to get that bottle of Gelous, because even after two coats it was sort of gritty. I actually liked it sans top coat (it’s kind of similar to the new texture polishes that are big now-matte and gritty but quite sparkly) but I thought it would chip faster if I didn’t seal it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment