Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013! China Glaze Fortune Teller, Revlon Streetwear Trick or Treat, & Revlon Knockout




Have I mentioned that I love Halloween? I’m throwing a little shindig tonight and have so much decorating to do, so I’ll try to make this quick.

I wanted this to be a little more elaborate than it is, but my freehand skills are limited to polka dots, and I don’t have any stamping materials (yet), so this was what I came up with for my Halloween manicure. The orange is one of the rarest polishes I have in my stash, Revlon Streetwear Trick or Treat. I have scoured the web and can’t even prove its existence! It’s a gorgeous shimmery medium orange with fine orange and gold shimmer-in the right light it looks almost candlelit. I have a hunch that Revlon Haunted Heart that came out last year is a similar color, but since I don’t have it I can’t compare. The black creme is Revlon Knockout, a nice basic black. The glitter is another one of my rarities, China Glaze Fortune Teller. It has a semi-opaque black base and is filled with different sizes of orange glitter hexes. The rhinestones I got at a swap meet a few weeks ago. The polka dots on my thumb were made with a bobby pin.

I’m going as Little Red Riding Hood this year, hopefully I can snap a picture of it before the night is through. These nails certainly don’t match my red cape, but really, how could I not wear my favorite Halloween polishes?

Have a great night everyone!

Edited to add: I didn't get a shot of my costume in full, but at least I snapped a phone pic of my most radical, amazing Wet n' Wild false eyelashes:

Do you see the little deer head and antlers with the butterfly resting on them? I wish I'd bought a backup pair of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment