Wednesday, October 23, 2013

O.P.I. Vesper


Vesper is the only Liquid Sand polish I own at the moment. I was positive I’d hate the trend, but the more I see them the more I like them. I decided to start with Vesper since it’s a vamp (so it’s in my comfort zone), and I’m so glad I did. I bought it back in August and have grown to love the way the texture feels.

My pictures do this polish no justice (as per usual). The base of Vesper is a deep, inky purple, neither red nor blue toned-just perfect. After three coats the polish can look black, but around the edges you get flashes of purple. There’s no glitter in this one and that is one of the reasons I love it. While I have many glitter textures on my wishlist now, the finish on Vesper gets me so excited. The polish retains its shine, and even under the dullest light the bumps will catch it and sparkle like marcasite. SO. GORGEOUS.

There is one drawback to this polish: it stains like you would not believe. The first time I wore it, I left it on for six or seven days, much longer than I normally leave polish on (terrific wear, by the way…only minor chips on day six). When I removed it I was greeted by pinky-yellow staining. So double up on base coat with this one. Triple up.

This was three coats, no topcoat (it’d be sacrilege in my opinion), so that the gorgeous marcasite finish can shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment