Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Study in Polish I Do Post-Mortems





One resolution I had for this year was to look more into indie polish brands. I've mentioned on several occasions that Hare polish is my favorite; each one I own is a work of art. I want more works of art by more brands!

Now in addition to having a pink fetish right now, I am a huge Sherlock fan. Like ridiculous. I grew up on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, and I'm what I would consider a purist when it comes to my beloved childhood stories, but I'm not lying when I say I could wax idiotic about Sherlock. I think it's one of the best reinventions of Mr. Holmes there is.

Now I want to get into all the shows I'm loving at the moment. Gotta stay focused. 

I Do Post-Mortems is a homage to the beautiful and quiet, but powerful Molly Hooper. She's like this polish, very soft and unobtrusive, but when you look closer, you see a multitude of color (or baddass-ness). When I saw this little beauty on Accio Lacquer, I knew it had to be mine. 

I Do Post-Mortems is a delicate, beguiling shade of pink, very meek and understated. Suspended in it is gorgeous holographic and golden shimmer that catches the light beautifully. This is the sweetest polish I own. 

The formula was sheer (I'm wearing 4 coats, 3 would have been fine, but I couldn't sleep last night) and a bit thick, but it spreads beautifully and dries quickly. No bubbles, no streaking, no dragging. I wore it over a base of Barielle Nail Building Protein and a coat of Nfu Oh Aqua Base. One coat of Grand Central Station on top. 

I believe it is still in stock on their shop website.

Now, since it has been a very, very hard, and frankly upsetting day, I am off to obtain as much junk food as is possible and re-watch Once Upon a Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment