Saturday, March 8, 2014

O.P.I. Don't Bossa Nova Me Around





Spriiiiiiiing! I'm normally not too happy when the spring and summer months come around; autumn and winter are my jam. Southern California becomes a hot cesspool of smog, I sweat gallons, and can't muster up enough energy to do anything except sprawl out in front of a fan in a dark room. Everything is gross and hot and sweaty and my nail polish bubbles and I'm grumpy. 

But since the autumn and winter past were so horrible and traumatic, a new season is welcome. And CORAL! I am going to coral ALL THE THINGS. 

But let's start nice and slow with a clean neutral. Gotham Polish cited neutrals as a trend for this spring, and this makes me a happy panda. I love neutral cremes above all other polishes (except maybe coral jellies) so I'm going to be sporting nails like this A LOT. 

Don't Bossa Nova Me Around is pretty self-explanatory. A nice, creamy neutral with a hint of pink. It can look more putty in certain lights, but it seems to pull pink on me the majority of the time. It's in the same family as Steady as She Rose, but not as stark or white-based. Clean and lovely. 

I'm considering topping it with Pirouette My Whistle later on. I'm craving a bit of sparkle. 

In other news, I'm getting a new phone. My dear old Android is on its last legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment