Friday, March 21, 2014

Nicole by O.P.I. Sweet Daisy





Spring means a few things to me: cutting my curly hair short, jean jackets, white sundresses, and coral nails. Also Lolita Lempicka. Say hello to the first coral of the season. 

Sweet Daisy, while beautiful, does not cooperate in natural sunlight. You're looking at a very washed out version of it. In reality, it is a nice bright pinky peach. Literally a perfect coral. I tend to go for the more subtle, soft jelly corals (forever looking for a Maybelline Firefly dupe) and this one is just that. It can look completely peach in certain lights, but mostly it's just cute and coral.

I spent weeks picking it up and considering it whenever I was in the drugstore, thinking, naaaah it leans too brown, it'd look horrible on me. I bought it a couple days ago (out of frustration really-I was sick of meandering over to the N.O.P.I. rack and looking at it) and I.AM.SO.GLAD.I.DID. I have a LOT of coral nail polish, more than any other color in my collection, and it's one of my favorite colors to wear on my nails. I can buy them and buy them, and no two I own are exactly alike. 

Basically, I love coral. 

This was three thin, creamy coats over my Essie ridge-filling base coat (oh the pastels I'll be wearing this spring, mwahahaha) and NYC Grand Central Station on top. I was dog tired last night so I fell asleep before it was 100% dry and got a few sheet marks, but they're not too noticeable. Normally something like that would irritate the hell out of me, but I either don't care anymore or just am too tired to care. 

Getting my hair cut later today. Let's all pray I don't go for the Ginnifer Goodwin. Looks dynamite on her, I'd look awful with it. I'm watching too much Once Upon a Time. 

Also it's my grandfather's 92nd birthday today. So there will be cake later. 

Here's to hoping spring goes okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment