Monday, March 17, 2014

Celebrating St. Patrick's Day the French Way: Hare Polish Hooky at the Hamlet!





Last year's St. Patrick's Day mani was a little less than festive, but in my defense I was still discovering the beauty that was blue nail polish. This year however, I am bringing out the big guns with my very favorite green. Seriously, I could not love a green polish more than this one. 

As with all my Hare polishes, I'll use the description on the site:

"Hooky at the hamlet is a bright shamrock green jelly that is IMPOSSIBLE to get a completely color accurate shot of! My camera was just not having it. This shade is brimming with white glitter in different shapes, sizes & textures, along with some scattered glowing-blue hexes and a very subtle purple shimmer."

I layered two coats of Hooky at the Hamlet over three coats of China Glaze Keepin' it Teal. I bought it exclusively to wear as undies for this polish because it's so sheer and squishy. It makes a perfect base. I didn't expect to like the color by itself as much as I did, although it would probably take upwards of five or six coats to get it opaque enough to eliminate most of my visible nail line. No way I'd lay down that many jelly coats and not get mad bubbles. 

I tried my best to get a shot of the gorgeous electric blue shimmers but they are pretty camera shy. In real life however, they glow and flash and really take this polish to the next level. So, so beautiful. 

No pinching this year! I'm not Irish, but I will definitely unwind this evening with a green chocolate eclair. Happy St. Paddy's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment