Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Cuteness with China Glaze Sea Spray & Essie Blanc





These are, without a doubt, my favorite nails so far this year. I was only going to do a couple accent nails with polka dots but they ended up being so cute I had to do my entire hand. My grandmother's physical therapist asked me where I had my nails done, which was a nice little pick-me-up. Too bad the rest of the day has been comparable to poo. 

Sea Spray is a delicate, whimsical shade of soft blue-grey with pearly shimmer. The shimmer is subtle, even though it looks quite strong when you first paint it on. But once dry, it really only serves to add dimension to the color, much like RBL shimmer. This color is my new favorite anything and reminds me of a greyed out, slightly shimmery version of my very favorite blue, Cartwheels on the Catwalk

I added the polka dots using Essie Blanc and a little dotting tool (I finally succumbed). I have to say though, I love it. Once you've dotted using a little tool instead of a bobby pin, there's really no going back. 

Three coats of Sea Spray (as usual) and a coat of NYC Grand Central Station on top. It's gonna be super hard to take this one off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment