Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sephora by O.P.I. Cartwheels on the Catwalk




My brain just about short-circuited when I saw this color first come out and it’s been on my wish-list ever since. I ended up scoring it on eBay with XOX Betsey and Sparkling Personality. Oh god, this blue. This freaking blue. It’s unusual and girly and edgy and feminine and fancy and casual and empress of the blue polish world. If it were human, I’d be its slavey girl.

I don’t even know how to go about describing it. Despite my camera handicaps, the pictures are color-accurate. It’s a soft, delicate, dusty, pale blue; edgier than a sky or baby blue, but not as funky as an aqua. Even though it’s a creme (cream? I dunno) it’s got a soft, silvery quality to it that bellows “SPRIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!” down my lugholes.

This was two coats, I probably should have done three to even out all the patchiness. It’s also really evident that I have mad ridges on most of my nails. I can’t remember when they appeared, or if they were always there, but they are the bane of my existence. I’ve yet to find a base/top coat combo that masks them completely. And I love the formula. I’d never tried any of the Sephora line of O.P.I. polishes, and I’m pleasantly surprised-nice and creamy!

No comments:

Post a Comment