Saturday, March 16, 2013

Nicole by O.P.I. One Big Happy Fame-ily


I’m going to ignore the fact that this beautiful polish is a Kardashian Color (and yes, I realize O.P.I.  spells with a “K”; but I am an English student, and nothing could induce me spell it that way). Sadly, quite a few of the colors in the various collections they’ve come out with are very pretty. I own around five, but I don’t let the fact that they’re plastered with the Kardashian name ruin the color.

(Can you tell I think the Kardashians are disgusting?)

One Big Happy Fame-ily is probably one of the prettiest lilac/lavenders I own. It looks to be blue-based, sort of a cross between periwinkle and true lavender. The shimmer is a little coarser than it appears in the pictures-in addition to some soft silvery shimmer, I see light blue shimmer and soft purple shimmer.

The formula on this was a little tempermental; sheer and thick and runny at the same time. This was about four coats, and although the pictures don’t show it, clean up was a little less than perfect. It also took ages to dry, and after waiting an hour and a half, I fell asleep out of sheer annoyance (I always do my manicures before  I go to sleep); that’s why there are sheet marks on my ring and pointer fingers.

Regardless, it’s so lovely, and perfect for the beginning of spring. It’s remarkable how it can be soft and vibrant at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment