Thursday, March 14, 2013

Revlon Just Tinted Victorian


As I mentioned before, I have a jelly addiction. A bad one. They’re easy to apply, hide my ridges, and I love that squishy look. And if it’s a coral jelly…

A long time ago, I had a holy grail polish that has never been equaled (in my eyes). It was a Maybelline Express Finish gold cap, and it was called Firefly. There were two versions- the lovely juicy coral-pink jelly that I owned, and some heinous frosty pale peach-pink that you see when you Google the name. I emailed Scrangie about it a couple years ago, and she vaguely remembered it, but my true luck came when a girl on MakeupAlley recognized what I was talking about and sent me the bottle she owned. For free. I can’t even tell you how glad I was…I must have thanked her a million times. So I have a bottle, but don’t use it very often. Why? Because it’s freaking precious and I love the color and don’t want to be without it ever again.

So the next best thing is to find a dupe. I’ve found a few similar shades, and even mixed my own version, but nothing comes close to that original bottle of Firefly. And this was how my obsession with coral jellies began. It’s probably my favorite color/finish as far as nail varnish goes.

So, to bring my ramblings full circle, Revlon Victorian. I saw swatches and thought it might be close to my beloved Firefly. It’s not, but it’s still really pretty, despite photographing more coral than it is in real life. In person, it’s more of a bright, juicy pink, practically devoid of any orange tones. You can see more of the pink in the shade picture.

This was three fairly thick coats. It really is just a tint, so you’ve got to build up the color. It dries to a sort of satin finish, so I slapped on lots of top coat (I know you can’t really tell, I swear it’s there). The formula was great, it went exactly where I put it.

No comments:

Post a Comment