Saturday, March 23, 2013

Nicole by O.P.I. Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi


I’m getting a bit burnt out on all the soft shades and pastels I’ve been wearing lately, so here’s a nice bright red. I’ve mentioned that I used to be gun shy of a lot of colors…pinks, blues, greens…and didn’t wear them much. So what did I wear a lot of? RED; dark reds, mostly. I remember reading in a beauty magazine years and years ago-some editor’s opening letter or something-that a truly classy woman wears only dark red and pale, soft pink polish. Obviously the editor was an uninformed twat, and needless to say, I don’t read beauty magazines anymore.

But it must have made an impression on me, because for a good five years, I wore dark red only.

But along with learning the joys of colors other than red, I also discovered the joys of other shades of red. Cherry, tomato, ruby…and I’ve got many in my arsenal. So, I present my favorite summer red.

It’s a nice, bright tomato red that looks stellar on toes. The photos have washed the color out a bit-in real life it’s much brighter and more in-your-face. And SHINY…this puppy doesn’t even need top coat to look glossy and perfect. The formula is crelly (creme-jelly), so it’s extremely forgiving in terms of my ridges.

This was the usual 3 coats. Sadly, I had to cut my nails down short again, the peeling was getting appalling. I’d stopped my jojoba oil and Nail Tek II routine; hopefully this time around they’ll grow out stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment