Tuesday, February 18, 2014

butter LONDON Lillibet's Jubilee





Lillibet's Jubilee is one of the most gorgeous polishes I own. I mean, are you kidding!? Look at it!!! It's so delicate and reflective!!! And lavender!!! And because I love any and all things British (I really, REALLY do-when I finally get there I may not come back to America at all), of course I had to have it.

This polish is a couple years old, so I'm pretty sure we all know it was made for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. When it came out I wanted it soooooo badly. I'm not sure what kept me from buying it-probably lack of funds-but I pined and cursed the fact that it wasn't going to be a core color. When it ran out I pined and guessed I'd settle for a somewhat similar Cirque dupe (Book of Shadows?). Not that Book of Shadows isn't pretty, but it just didn't have that certain something that Lillibet's Jubilee had. 

Not sure why I didn't consider eBay at that point. Oh wait. Horrendous prices and fakery.

Anyway, long story short, I finally got my mitts on it a few weeks ago and I haven't put it away with the rest of my bL's because it's just too pretty. It's a beautiful silvery-lilac-lavender foil. It covered perfectly in two coats. Top coat doesn't really affect the shininess of polishes like these, but I put it on anyway for protection from chips. 

I can't stop looking at it. Sometimes it can look pinky-lilac, sometimes blue-lavender. Whatever light though, it's so, so lovely. 

So my sunburn is clearing up a bit. I'm slathering my face with aloe vera gel and vitamin e oil every few hours and that seems to be alleviating some of the redness. Most of my family has Armenian, olive-toned skin. I am the only one really who is super pale and freckled (clearly the Scots won out in me). Generally when I burn, I stay lobster red for a few days, and then get about a hundred new freckles, on my nose especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment