Tuesday, February 4, 2014

O.P.I. In the Cable Car-pool Lane & L'Oreal The Statement Piece

Delusions of grandeur, anyone?





Weather's been patchy, so I took these in a hurry, while there was still sunlight. We finally got a bit of rain a couple nights ago! I hate summer, but I'm dreading this one even more than normal since the dry spell we've had will probably mean water restrictions. 

It's been a rough couple days for me emotionally. Things are getting to me, and I'm finding it harder and harder to want to get out of bed in the morning. I keep thinking that it'll get easier, but it never does. 

So I put on lots of purple. And gold. Because why not? I'd gotten In the Cable Car-pool Lane back when the O.P.I. fall collection came out and just never got a chance to put it on (in my defense, I got very distracted with the Mariah Carey Holiday collection). In the Cable Car-pool Lane is a rich berry-purple creme, shiny and smooth. The first coat is pretty streaky (par for the course with most O.P.I. cremes I own), but levels out nicely with a second coat. I did three, because I always do three. 

The Statement Piece was the other L'Oreal texture I got when I picked up Baby Please Come Home's dupe (derp). I can't get over how wonderful the L'Oreal texture collection is; they're really beautifully made. The Statement Piece is a nice pale gold with a smattering of silver-ish hexes. Quick to dry, sparkly, and no clean up! I think what amazes me most about the L'Oreal textures is the brush. It looks as if it would fan out horribly on the nail, but it's actually nice and firm and easy to control. It's cut on a bit of an angle too, and that really helps...I have no idea how, but it does. I've decided I need The Reign of Studs. Because of purple reasons.  

All together, the manicure sort of shouts, "delusions of grandeur", but I'm okay with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment