Friday, February 28, 2014

Liebster Award


It has been so, so rainy and grey the last few days. I'm not complaining for a multitude of reasons, the two most important being (a) I LOVE RAIN, and (b) California needs it BADLY. Rain means no nail pictures though, since I haven't gotten around to learning how to take color-accurate pictures inside, so instead I thought I'd get a start on this Liebster Award post. 

I had no idea this was a thing! The very kind Gracithey from Addicted to Nails nominated (awarded?) me and I'm very grateful to her. Learning how to paint my nails and document them is a wonderful hobby to have. Having other people read your ramblings and make connections with you because of your mutual hobby is just icing on the cake. :)

Now, hastily looking up bloggers with less than 200 followers in order to follow the rules of this award isn't something I'm going to do. I like taking my time with these things, and discovering new people is really the fun of it; why would I want to rush that? So instead of just randomly finding 11 new blogs, I'm going to add them to this post as I find them!

11 Random Facts:
1. I have been diagnosed with a mild case of color blindness, which is quite rare for a female. I have trouble discerning certain shades of brown and purple.
2. When under vast amounts of stress, I crave specific (and sometimes gross) food combinations. Dill pickles and extra sharp cheddar cheese. Mandarins and peanut butter sandwiches. My first month of college I subsisted almost solely on gummy bears and Swiss rolls. 
3. I am a southpaw, so you will almost always see my right hand in my manicure pictures.
4. I'm extremely shy in real life; it's hard for me to even make phone calls to people I don't know without cringing.
5. Every three or four years, my birthday will fall on Thanksgiving. It’s the best day of the year. I get to eat my favorite meal (turkey dinner), have celebratory pie AND cake, and sleep the day away in a happy food-induced stupor. Every birthday should be like that. 
6. I was raised by my grandparents. 
7. I am an avid reader, and collectively my family and I own well over 5,000 books. Currently I am reading The Decline and Fall of Practically Everybody by Will Cuppy (boyfriend's) and re-reading Arabian Nights.
8. Comfort is a mandatory thing for me. I'll wear 'real clothes' when I go out, but the second I am home, clothes come off, and sweats come on. No exceptions.
9. I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account; I used to but realized they pretty much totally suck. I have no desire to ever have either again.
10. Currently there are four pets in the house, and all four are rescues (as well as hilarious goobers, except for my kitty; she's pretty much always just full of cat awesomeness). 
11. Despite my love for glitters and textures, if I had to pick one type of polish to wear the rest of my life, it would be neutral cremes, hands down. 

Gracithey's Questions:
1. What was the first blog you started following?
Scrangie, of course. She's like the matriarch of the polish blog world.
2. Do you have an unusual fear or phobia of something?
Several, but probably the most bizarre is my unease with belly buttons. The only way I can describe it is it's the same with the shower drain...it's a dark little hole that I just don't want to go near.
3. Matte or Gloss nails?
I wear my nails glossy more often than not, but I have a bottle of matte top coat, and am warming up to it considerably.
4. What's your favourite high-street store?
I always enjoy a poke in Nordstrom’s every once and a while. That’s about as swanky as it gets in the South Bay.
5. What did you dream of doing as a job when you were little?
My second grade teacher asked me this once, and I responded with “I’m going to be Beatrix Potter.” Make of that what you will.
6. Have you got any nicknames?
I’ve had many, but Ging and Gingy seem to be the two that have stuck around.
7. What's your favourite celebrity at the moment?
Barbara Stanwyck. She is THE celebrity to me.
8. What's your current colour on your nails (or last)?
Right now I’m wearing O.P.I. AmazON...AmazOFF and an Essie Beyond Cozy accent nail. 
9. Last 'sweet treat' you had?
Chex Turtle Mix. It's a dangerous game when you open one of those up. 
10. Do you prefer your hair up or down?
Up, always up. I can’t stand hair in my face (odd, considering I have bangs).
11. Current favourite film?
My all-time favorite will always be Sleepy Hollow, but I’m also really fond of Coraline, Super, and anything starring Jimmy Stewart. 

EDIT: Just so this post isn't totally picture-less, I present Mr. Bobo Baggins, stealing all my body heat because it's cold:
I was asleep lady. Waddaya want?

No comments:

Post a Comment