Monday, February 10, 2014

Nails Inc. Porchester Square





So this has been my manicure for the past two days. One of my polish idols featured this on her blog recently and it reminded me of my dear little bottle languishing on my bedside table. I'd bought it weeks back but hesitated to put it on because my nails were short. I said as much and she urged me to try it anyway. So I did, and I'm glad. 

I hadn't noticed how much my nails had grown. Lately they've been quick to tear and chip, and slow to grow back. I assume it's a combination of diet and stress (when I'm stressed my eating habits are shameful-I'll eat one meal a day and usually it's something comforting like pasta. I know it's not healthy but until I develop my coping skills more, that's all I've got). And when they're short and chipped like that not even vamps look good to me. My fingers are long and they're pretty plump.

ANYWAY. 

As I said, I'm very glad I did put Porchester Square on, because I hadn't realized how much my nails had actually grown. I must have been too preoccupied with the texture glitters on them. I picked this up at Sephora (along with some Anastasia clear brow gel-that stuff is MAGIC to those of us whose eyebrows grow about a yard a week) with a gift card my boyfriend's parents gave me for Christmas. I'd intended on picking up a Deborah Lippmann polish, but there wasn't anything there that was on my wishlist (it's a tiny Sephora inside JCPenney) and nothing they had seemed to grab me. I was vaguely thinking of looking that the new Formula X's, but the tiny Nails Inc. display popped out at me from the corner. I zeroed in on Porchester Square so fast that I completely missed the bottles of normal polish and instead was agonizing because they seemed to only have it in gel. I went up to a salesgirl and asked her desperately if it came in a regular formula and she gave me a weird look before pointing it out to me on the shelf directly below the gel bottles. It's very hard to try and look casual when you're that embarrassed. All you can really do is snap it up fast and scuttle home. 

This is the most interesting neutral I own. The base is most certainly grey, but everything else is up for debate. In the bottle it looks like a grungy pink-grey. When you get it on the nail, the grey becomes more prominent, but depending on your lighting situation it can be any number of colors: dirty lavender, grey-mauve, soft pink-brown...at the moment it looks like clean taupe. My pictures show it as mostly soft grey, but there is definitely pink in it in real life. 

I can't express how much I love it. It's just perfect. Literally perfect. The only thing that slightly disappointed me was the brush. It was a bit on the floppy side, and though it fanned out nicely, it didn't go exactly where I wanted it to go. But what's that to me when I have the most perfect neutral in the world?

This was three coats with Duri Rejuvacote as a base and top (I'm seeing if that will help with the tearing while I try to get my eating back on track), and then a coat of Gelous. Textures have spoiled me I guess; I'm so used to them being dry in about ten minutes that I forgot cremes take longer. The morning after I put Porchester Square on, I had magnificent sheet marks on every nail, and only Gelous could smooth them out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment