Thursday, February 20, 2014

O.P.I. I Sao Paulo Over There





Feeling super under the weather today, so this'll be nice and short. 

Most of the brights from the O.P.I. Spring collection really appealed to me, so naturally I walked away with ALL the nudes/taupes (and the dark green one, I really don't have enough green in my stash). I'm thinking of going back for the two corals, we'll see. 

I Sao Paulo Over There is a PERFECT example of colors that confuse me. It's clear there is both purple and brown in it, however, I interpret it as a very much purple-grey. It's sort of a bruised color, with maybe a hint of chocolate milk (or Dutch cocoa). Whatever it is, it's perfect, both in color and composition. The formula was obviously perfect (I can't think of another brand that applies as well for me, except maybe Ciate) and basically applied itself. Seriously, I'm not exercising poetic exaggeration when I say this. You're looking at a manicure done under the influence of both Advil P.M. and Nyquil (I was super achy and snuffly last night). Also no clean up. Yep. 

It's got a nice, squishy formula on the first coat, and a bit patchy, but of course leveled out perfectly in two. I did three because it is rare when I don't do three. 

Hope everyone's Thursday is going better than mine. I'll probably show another neutral from the Brazil collection within the next few days when I'm feeling better. Also I was nominated for the Liebster award, so I'm working on a nice post for that! 

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. That's a really good colour, stands out from the other nude colours. Fab photographs :)

    ReplyDelete